Upon completion of this course the candidate will be able to:
The syllabus is divided into three parts:
- Ensure that the requirements of health and safety legislation are applied in the workplace.
- Use knowledge of the human and organisation problems that mitigate against a safe and healthy work environment.
- Carry out safety inspections, identifying the common hazards and unsafe practices likely to be found in a workplace, and recommending remedial action.
- Investigate events which led, or might have led, to an injury; to make logical and cost effective proposals to prevent a repetition and maintain records of such incidents.
- Conduct training for new and inexperienced workers.
- Communicate effectively with employees and management.
- Liaise effectively with official bodies and enforcement agencies.
NCG 1 - Management of Health & Safety
GC 2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
GC 3 - The Practical Assessment
How do I attend?
NGC1- Day Release - Tuesdays 09.00 to 16.00 for 5 weeks
Evening – Monday and Wednesday 18.00 – 21.00hrs for 5 weeks
GC2 & 3 - Day Release - Tuesdays 09.00 to 16.00 for 9 weeks
Unitised delivery allows you to purchase this course in two elements,
NGC1 followed by GC2 and 3, there by allowing you to gain the qualification
in a cost effective manner.
No formal entry requirements.