Students must meet one of the following minimum academic qualifications:-
- A relevant qualification to NVQ Level 3;
- Five GCE/GCSE passes with at least two at A level (typically such candidates will have some personnel, development or management experience);
- A 'Foundation' level qualification from the CIPD;
- A Certificate in Personnel or Training Practice (CPP or CTP) from the CIPD;
- An equivalent or higher level award from nationally recognised educational or professional bodies;
- In exceptional cases, applicants having a minimum of two years of band 3 personnel experience or management experience may be considered.
It is likely applicants will have one of the following describe their work:-
- have responsibility for implementing HR policies and strategies
- work in the field of HR management/development and need to extend their knowledge and skills
- building an awareness of the human resources levers that drive business value
- building and testing a range of interpersonal skills including communication, listening, relationship management
- broadening knowledge of the organisation and how decisions are made
- deepening technical skills and knowledge The course is 'open entry' and does not require any academic qualifications, though candidates will need to demonstrate their aptitude to complete and benefit from the course through an interview with the course leader.