The aim is to provide a broad knowledge of food safety and food hygiene. Holders of this qualification will have the appropriate knowledge and understanding to be able to take responsibility for food safety monitoring procedures, to identify hazards to food safety, take appropriate action in the light of these hazards and contribute to improvements in food safety practice.
- What You Will Learn
- Entry Requirements
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
Recommended knowledge and understanding of Food Hygiene. Ideally Level 2 taken within the last three years.